One of the biggest reasons why I even started thinking of adoption rather than biological children is the medications that I am on. I have severe social anxiety. It was interfering with my marriage until I was placed on medications a few months ago. I was angry all the time. I didn't want to go to church. I didn't want to do anything. I got sick of that feeling so I was placed on two medications. One was for me to be able to shut my mind down to sleep and the other was to change the chemical levels in my brain. It worked wonders. It was like night and day within a week. There were some things that came with it, but they were much better than my life without them.
Of course, you can't take these medications while pregnant. I am not the person that says that I have to have a biological child no matter what. I am not one to risk a child to stay on my medications. So, I am torn on having the one biological child right now because of the medications. Perhaps during the next few years I can change what I take so that it is safer during pregnancy.
I don't know if everyone reading knew I was on medications and I was thinking about what started me even thinking about adoption seriously and that was the point of no return.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a good reason to adopt. There are a bunch of anxiety medications that are okay for pregnancy, too. Of course pregnancy itself can make anxiety worse.
ReplyDelete