Being a scientist, I have taken a couple of genetics classes in my life. Because of this, I have approached fertility with the same scientific eye. I hated birth control so I got onto the fertility awareness method. There was scientific proof and it was proven to work, as long as you know all the rules and follow them to the tee. Well, it has worked for Endrit and I for a couple of years now. I like it.
What does this have to do with the survival of the species?
Everything when you want to adopt rather than have a biologic child. Being very fertile I know when I am ovulating. When I ovulate, it is just natural to want to "relax" with Endrit. I am in the middle of ovulation right now.
When I didn't know that I was in fact going to adopt, it was hard for me to even be in the mood even at the height of mood times. Now that I know that I will be a mother, I can be in a good mood, get out the protection and do whatever I want. I am in graduate school. I have a very stressed husband. My sister in law gave birth to her daughter today. I just don't have that desire to get pregnant every time I ovulate.
So, I have been able to beat the survival of the species instinct. Since I will be having a family (even if it is unconventionally) I just divert that instinct to mothering instead of becoming a natural mother.
Because of my injury we were unable to get to the temple today. We will be going on Tuesday night. Who knows what answers we will be able to receive.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment