Monday, August 2, 2010

Money

There are many things about adoption that make me think that it is nearly impossible.  There are people all around the world that can't have children, who want children, and can care for children.  So, with all of that out in the world, why then is it so expensive to be able to adopt?  It isn't that I am complaining.  It is that I think that there could be more of it if one would be able to not need the amount of a down payment on a house to be able to adopt.  Literally, we will be spending the amount that we put down on our house to adopt.  Approximately $30,000.

I am going in for a science teaching job interview on Wednesday.  Yes, it is August and I haven't signed a contract yet.  I am getting a little bit flustered with that.  More putting one foot in front of the other and having faith that it will work out.  It isn't far fetched for me to think that I will be able to get this job.  I have worked at that school before.  I know most of the faculty and staff at the school.  I guess you would say that I have a foot in the door.

I have to be able to work a year just to be able to make enough to cover costs.  Not anything about living expenses after a child or two come into our lives, but just getting them here.  And, it is more than worth it.  There is a reason why Endrit is from Albania.  There is no question in our minds that our children will be in one way or another, Albanian.

So, right now things come down to money.  When it is all over, it will only be about the love that we have for our children.

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see Heavenly
    Father's hand in the steps that WILL transpire. Keep faithful, there are always blessings through obedience. I'm excited to get to know whoever your first child will be. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete