Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spending the day with a 7 week old

I was able to hold and cuddle with my 7 week old niece.  She is adorable!!  It got me thinking that there is a great possibility that I will never have a newborn.  If we end up not having any biological children, I will never have a newborn.  We will only adopt from Albania so they will be 6 months old or older when we adopt.  I was able to see some of the first smiles today.  I am going to soak in all of these little newborn moments just in case I don't have the opportunity to have a newborn child.

The other side effect is that I would love to have a child right now.  I know that I can take care of a child.  I could have stayed with my niece forever.  So, it has really made me excited for December when I think that Endrit and I will be moving so that we can start our home study.  I hope that the adoption will go smoothly.  I am more than ready to become a mother.  Having mother's day tomorrow doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment