Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Moving Next to the In-laws

Within Albanian culture it is normal for children to live with parents.  I always knew that Endrit's parents would be living close to us.  I know that I don't get along with his father.  It is with great thought that I consider buying a duplex and having my in-laws as neighbors.  It means that Endrit and I could buy a house with 3 bedrooms for our children.  It means that not only do Endrit and I not have to pay rent but his parents wouldn't have to pay rent either.  We would work together to pay off the loan.  That is how it works in Albanian society.

So, Endrit and I both feel really good about the offer that we will be putting down on the duplex. It is 99% certain that we will be placing an offer.

One of the biggest things that made right now the time to buy is that we knew we were going to move anyways.  We have 2.5 years left in SLC.  The markets are so low but it is starting to see the signs of coming up.  This is an interesting step in our lives to turn into adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment