People that read this should know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This weekend was General Conference weekend. I was able to listen to the leaders of the church and feel of the spirit that is in the words.
Conference talked a lot about parenthood and how to lead our children in these times. Or in better words, walk by our children in these times. As I prepare for my journey into motherhood it is good to hear of these things. I know that the world today is the world that is foretold in the Bible and Book of Mormon near the end of days.
The best time to learn about leading your family to righteousness is before you have children. This is good for me to hear for obvious reasons. I have not had the opportunity to have children yet. I have had the opportunity to increase my testimony and my skills to become the best mother that I can be.
I also had the opportunity this weekend to meet up with one of my friends from Justmommies. She is adopted so I was able to ask her a few questions about her growing up knowing that she was adopted. That part of my journey is still needing help because I don't know the long term repercussions of adopted children. It makes me wonder what the circumstances will be that the children will be orphaned. I hope that I will be able to teach my children about their birth parents.
There is a lot to think about with these things in the next year before we are going to adopt.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad we were able to talk about my adoption Rachel! I hope I was able to help you learn something.
ReplyDelete