In preparation for the phone calls that need to make, I am making a list of questions that need to be answered before I feel comfortable moving ahead with the adoption process. I know that the agency that we will most likely be working with has temporary status to facilitate Hague convention adoptions. That expires in March. The other 2 agencies that are out of Utah don't facilitate adoptions through Albania.
So, when I call the state department, I need to ask how it works if I have a home study from a Hague convention agency, but not have the ability to go through that agency for the placement of a child.
I need to ask about the amount of money we need to make before adoption is possible. I need to ask about adopting twins. I need to ask about 2 bedroom apartments.
There are so many things to do! I am glad that I am thinking about this now because I think that adoption paperwork and everything will go full force for everything around summertime.
I am still anxiously awaiting the result of me getting into graduate school or not. The sad thing is that me, the queen of education, deep down, I don't really want to go to graduate school. Honestly, if I am going to adopt and Endrit has the opportunity to graduate a year early, why would I want to make us stay here an extra year? We will see what will happen in early March. It is just a couple of weeks away.
Just more questions to ask. Graduate school or not...more specifics about adoption. I still love what I am doing.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How exciting! You are really on top of this whole planning process.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing you're thinking so much about everything in advance.
ReplyDeleteWhat if they aren't actually twins though? Not saying you're wrong, just feel the need to ask. Can you adopt two babies at once if they're not actually twins?