I am starting to tabulate the costs that Albanian adoption is going to have. It is 100% worth every penny, but there is a cost.
Home Study...$1,200+ Honestly, this is less than I thought it was going to be.
Paperwork...$670 I didn't expect any less. Government paperwork always is expensive.
Travel...$5,000+/- The bulk of the cost. It takes a bit to get to Albania and stay there for 2 weeks.
That is all I know as of right now. There might be fees in Albania. I still need to get a call from the state department. Now to start saving.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've known some people who have adopted internationally. They always say to figure out your expected expenses, add a fair amount, and save that and you'll probably still need more. However, they also have all said that the windows of heaven have just opened up and somehow they have had every bit of what they needed, no matter how much, at the time they needed it.
ReplyDelete